Dining for NAMI 2016
1. Why do we do Dining for NAMI Freestyle?
NAMI’s strength has always come from its grassroots support. Dining for NAMI Freestyle makes the most of this base of support–it enables NAMI supporters like you to raise awareness and support among those most open to hearing about NAMI and mental illness–your friends, families, and colleagues.
2. What if I need help with an idea of what to do?
Read this page on our website! It will help give you ideas. Make it fun! Be creative!
3. How can people donate?
We accept funds in many ways.
– Checks: Checks should be made payable to NAMI Greenville for the amount of the donation.
– Credit, debit card or PayPal transactions: Please ask that the donor go to this web page: https://namigreenvillesc.org/dining-for-nami-2016-donate-now/. This will allow him/her to make a secure, online payment.
– You can always collect cash at the event, as well. Just make sure to keep track of the donation amount from each person; your donors will receive a thank you and tax-deductible receipt for their gift.
4. Is the donation tax deductible?
Yes. NAMI Greenville is a qualified 501c(3) charity organization. Donations are tax deductible as allowed by law. Online donors can request a tax receipt at the time of the donation through our donation button on our website. For checks received, our office will provide tax receipts via mail or email, whichever is preferred by the donor.
5. Can someone make a donation if they can’t attend my event?
Yes! Anyone can make a donation to NAMI Greenville for this event through our online donation option, by writing a check, or by calling our office at 864-331-3300 for other options.
6. Can other friends and family who are not members of NAMI hold an event?
Yes! Our goal is to have as many people as possible hold Dining for NAMI events. We want others to learn about us and share information. So pass this idea on to friends, family, co-workers, etc.!
7. If people give me checks, what do I do with them?
There are several options to get checks to us. You can stop by the NAMI Greenville Office at 2320 E. North Street, Suite L, Greenville, SC 29607. We’d love to see you and thank you in person for hosting your event! Or you can choose to mail checks to the same address. If neither of these options is convenient for you, call our office at 864-331-3300 and we will work out a method that meets your needs!
8. Where can I find information to share with my attendees about NAMI Greenville?
9. What if I have other questions?
We’re here to help you! We want to make sure you have what you need. Please call our office at 864-331-3300 or email us at email@example.com with your questions!
Donate by credit card, debit card or PayPal:
Donate By Check:
(Don’t forget to put the name of the person
Mail check to: