Our most sincere thanks to everyone who donated to NAMI Greenville this year in recognition of Giving Tuesday. Your contributions will help us provide the best possible mental health support and advocacy during the coming year.
Happy Thanksgiving, from your friends at NAMI Greenville.
Tragically, many Americans with mental health and substance use conditions still struggle to find quality, affordable mental health and substance use care. They may experience difficulties finding in-network care or face restrictions on the type of care they need. And despite passage of a federal parity law, many people are unclear of their rights under this law.
This webinar will explore the current status of the federal parity law and cover strategies for building awareness about individual rights covered by the law. Speakers will also share tools developed by the White House and the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) that will help people get the right care at the right time.
Date: November 7, 2017
Time: 3 p.m. ET
- Tim Clement, MPH, is the Policy Director of ParityTrack, a joint project of The Kennedy Forum and The Scattergood Foundation.
- Alice Dembner, serves as the Director of the Substance Use Disorders Project at Community Catalyst, which focuses on promoting new ways to prevent and treat alcohol and drug problems. Key initiatives of this program include advancing early intervention with youth, ensuring access to quality services, promoting treatment and social services rather than incarceration, and integrating substance use treatment fully into the health system.
- 09/24/2018 6:15 pmFamily Support GroupA peer-led Family Support Group provides encouragement for family members, caregivers and loved ones of individuals living with mental illness. Led by...
- 09/24/2018 6:15 pmConnection Support GroupThis support group is for adults with a diagnosed mental illness such as major depression, bipolar disorder, schizoaffective, schizophrenia, OCD, bord...
- 09/27/2018 6:30 pmPeer-to-PeerNAMI Peer-to-Peer is a free, 10-session course for adults living with mental health challenges. NAMI Peer-to-Peer takes place in a setting focused on ...